10.15.2008

The joy's of a clean "blankie"

Did you ever have a "blankie" when you were little? I did. And I remember I loved getting my blanket washed. I remember sitting by the dryer waiting for it to be done. I loved the feeling of it nice and warm and smelling fresh! I just took my boys' blankies out of the dryer after washing them since I don't know when. And it's funny to watch their faces light up, like it's their first time getting them! Jonah doesn't really like it when I wash his, but he's gotten better now that he is older because he likes to put it in the washer himself. He thinks he's a helper! It's fun watching them get so excited about little things! And I'm happy I get to wash them once in a while, because it can be kind of embarassing lugging those dirty things around, but I can't blame them, I was there once!

2 comments:

Michelle Leigh said...

My girls' blankies are usually pretty nasty. I try to wash them with the weekly laundry, but if that coincides with naptime then it doesn't happen.

My mom just gave me my baby blanket and it looks pretty ragged. I loved that thing though!

Anonymous said...

I hated to have my blankie washed!