4.08.2009

For a young child who was taken too early.

So I haven't blogged in a while. I never really know what to say, and we never really do anything exciting around here. Lol. But today in our little town of Montevideo, they are having a funeral for a little boy who passed away this past weekend. He was only 10 years old and in the 4th grade. The 4th grade students from our school went on a field trip rewarding the students from something they did by taking them to a local community center for swimming. One of his fellow students found him underwater and they called the ambulance and everything but they could not revive him. I just don't understand, because the parents paid extra money to have another lifeguard on duty (there were 2). My kids are not yet in school, but it makes me wonder now if I should think twice about letting them go on field trips like that. I don't know if it's me just being overprotective, but it is so scary. My thoughts and prayers are with the family today, as they have to lay their child to rest after a tragic accident that was suppose to be a "rewarding" trip. If you have kids, hug and kiss them and tell them you love them everyday because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

Clare Marie said...

Don't deprive your children of such experiences. If you are worried, go with and experience with them :) I am scared everyday something is going to happen to my boys...it is natural.